Tuesday 18 September 2012

Purple Leopard Print

This was an attempt at sensible work nails, that possibly went slightly awry...  I still wore them to work though, of course.

It's just a basic leopard print (I was feeling uninspired).  My black nail art pen was misbehaving, so the lines ended up being thicker than I'd have liked.


The polishes used are OPI Skull and Glossbones and Planks a Lot from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection.  I am totally in love with this collection, every colour is so pretty!  I just need to order Steady As She Rose and then I'll have a full set...

I should just mention that Planks a Lot is much warmer toned than it appears here.  It's so frustrating when your camera won't capture the colour properly.  I get it all nicely ready and in focus and all that to take the picture, and it looks fine on the screen, and then I press the button and it comes out blue...  So please don't use this as a colour reference for this polish!

So while I had this on I went on a little shopping spree.  I won't tell you how much I spent.  One of the polishes I picked up was Barry M Silvery Lilac.  I was too impatient to take my manicure off before trying out my new polishes, so I just whacked them on top.


This is one coat of Barry M Silvery Lilac on top. I really like the effect :)  Although I probably wouldn't bother with an accent nail if I was to do this again, as you can't really tell my ring finger's a different colour.

What do you think of Silvery Lilac as a layering polish?  Do you like to prolong the life of a mani by adding something to freshen it up a few days later?

2 comments: