Thursday 1 November 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 24: Inspired by a Book

I'm finally back with another 31 Day Challenge post!  The next challenge I do, I'll be better I promise.  Apparently 3 months of being organised was too much for me!

Oh, another thing to mention.  I recently went through all my polishes and put all the ones I haven't tried into a bag.  The bag ended up pretty full...  So, by the end of November I want to try them all!  Each manicure I post in November, I will list which untried polish I've used, and hopefully I'll get through them all.

The challenge prompt for day 24 of the challenge is inspired by a book.  I have a few books piled up under my TV, and The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene has been looking at me for a few days, and I thought the cover might translate into a nice manicure.

This is the cover.  You will indeed find it looks nothing like my manicure.
Ok, so here are the nails.


This is a rubbish photo, sorry.  I blame the cooold daaark nights.  Anyhoo, I used Barry M Vivid Purple, which is super super pretty.  I almost didn't want to cover it up, but then I thought 'yeah right, as if I'm actually going to be caught dead going out with plain nails'.  Silliness.  Then I used OPI Stranger Tides and squiggled with a white nail art pen.

Erm...I really don't like them.  They were so pretty in my head.  I should've just cut out nail shaped pieces from the cover instead and stuck them on :p  I think maybe I'd prefer them if I'd used a different purple - one with a creme finish like Stranger Tides.  What do you think?

Also, I think Vivid Purple is quite similar to OPI Grape...Set...Match, so I might do a comparison post, if that's something people would be interested in seeing?

Take a looksy at all the other ladies participating in the challenge:


Diana at Nails By Diana
Meredith at Perfectly Polished
Nicole at The Color Republic
Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful 
Liz and Lisa at Lozlosa 
Mari at Nailista 
Miss L at Beauty by Miss L 
Gini at Sassy Paints 
Pam at Nail-E-Glance 

Ooh, also, do you like my new banner??

Untried: Barry M Vivid Purple


No comments:

Post a Comment