Friday 9 November 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 28: Inspired by a Flag

Good morning everyone :)  It's Friday - yay!  I have very big plans for today involving changing out of my pyjamas at some point, and going into work to claim my expenses.  Exciting times...

Anyhoo, today is day 28 of the 31 day challenge (only 3 to go!  Hopefully I won't fall behind AGAIN in that time!).  Today's challenge prompt is 'inspired by a flag'.

I contemplated doing something inspired by the Seychelles flag, for no reason other than I think the design would make a pretty good manicure, but I couldn't be bothered with attempting to use tape...  Instead, I decided to stick with British.  My mum gave me some french tip guide stickers when I was home last weekend, so I thought I'd give these a go and paint some union flag tips.


I painted on tips of Barry M Matt White, than added the detail with Barry M Black and Star Gazer 232 (honestly, why don't companies just give their polishes names...?).

I think I was a little heavy handed with the silver, but I'm really pleased with how my thumb and ring finger turned out.  Less so with the index finger...  I did move the tips a little further down my nail bed than my actual tips are, and I think I could've got away with going a bit further still, which would've given me a little more room to play with.  And hidden my weirdly long nail beds.  I really like it though, and I think it'd also look pretty good over a red or blue nail bed (which I'd have to do if I was doing this again, seeing as the manicure I posted yesterday stained my nails...oops).

What do you think?  Would you try something like this?

Have a look what flags have inspired all the other lovely ladies participating in the challenge:


Diana at Nails By Diana
Meredith at Perfectly Polished
Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful 
Liz and Lisa at Lozlosa 
Mari at Nailista 
Miss L at Beauty by Miss L 
Gini at Sassy Paints 

6 comments:

  1. Look great those french tip stickers are so so handy!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got like 50 of them, so expect to see more tips! :p

      Delete
  2. What a good idea. Next time I have to do a flag inspiration I'm going with just tips. I find flag inspired nails frustrating
    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I really like yours! I actually considered doing something similar to the British flag parts of your manicure before I settled on tips :)

      Delete
  3. This is awesome! Great idea and so original!

    ReplyDelete