Tuesday 12 February 2013

Flip Flop #9: Plastic Wrap

Aloha!

This is day 9 of the Flip Flop Challenge (well, today is technically day 12, but shh...I'll get there...).  The choices were Abstract or Plastic Wrap.

The only idea I could think of for abstract was a bit too similar to the colour block manicure I posted yesterday, so I decided to go for a pretty, work-appropriate cling film manicure instead.

flip-flop-challenge-day-9-cling-film-saran-wrap-manicure

Yuck, I hate taking photos in artificial light.  Come on summer!

I used OPI Gouda Gouda Two Shoes, then cling-sponged on some Barry M Gold Foil.  Indeed, I sponged on too much gold foil, so I went back in with the cling film and added a little more of the OPI.

There are two ways to do a cling film manicure (well...there may be more I'm unaware of!).  The first time I tried it, I went for the painting on the second colour and using the cling film to dab some off.  This time I used the cling film to dab the second colour on.  It could all be in my head, but I think they give different effects?  (You can see my first go here).  The first method is definitely tidier though, I'd recommend that if you're in a hurry!




Don't forget to look at all the other Day 9 manicures!




No comments:

Post a Comment