Sunday 1 September 2013

Guest Post: Becacine

Let's kick off the month with another guest post!  Today we have the eponymous Becacine.  If you love holo polishes, you NEED to check out her swatches (you will weep with jealousy).

----------

The lovely and uber talented UK nail blogger, Sam, is sharing one of my posts with her community. Yay Black heart (cards) Take a look at her witty blog, Polished Art and join her site for fantastic nails and tutorials. You know you want to ☼

My contribution to *cough*cough* my rough interpretation of nail art involves Zoya Jelly Professional Lacquer in 3 shades of supremely buildable colors that would do wonders in the hands of just that - a professional. Funny thing - I don't do nail art!

Initially my intent was to just wear these colors alone so I did a skittle manicure to test the colors. After 3 coats, it still didn't feel right because they are so sheer and my nails were getting dangerously thick so I decided to try some random nail art "blobs" instead. Not a pretty word but the manicure turned out to be quite lovely at a distance. I am showing macro shots so you can see the different colors but the effect was much prettier IRL. I received many compliments because no one looks at another person's nails in macro mode!


 
Here were the steps:

Zoya Paloma, a sheer deep fuchsia-berry as an overall base color followed by Zoya Katherine, a sheer, dark, red-toned aubergine/oxblood with Zoya Frida, a sheer, dark, warm-toned teal blue randomly blobbed about. The always puurrrfect Hong Kong Girl top coat made them shine like glass. The manicure lasted a good 4 days without any tip wear.


 
The colors are actually gorgeous and would be perfect for jelly sandwiches. This was a fun experiment but as most of my readers know, I like my thin nails and tend to get frustrated by the amount of build up required for a novice at nail art. Don't let that dissuade you. 


 
A big thank you to Sam. I will be watching and learning from you, my dear ☼

----------

Well I for one think Becacine's "blobs" are stunning!  I seriously need to get myself some jellies...  I wasn't keen on the idea of them at first because I cannot stand VNL, but looking at the gorgeous manicures you can create using them (like this!) I think I need to have a change of heart!  I'm also (and I'm aware of how random this is going to sound) a little jealous of that perfect little glint she's got on her nails in the second picture.

A huge thank you again to Becacine, and don't forget to go check out her blog!

1 comment:

  1. These are really beautiful! I've always been a bit unsure about what a jelly sandwich really is, I'm going to have to try! I'll be checking out Becacine's swatches for holographics and more manicures like this! Also thank you to you Sam for guest posting for my blog <3

    ReplyDelete