Saturday 30 May 2015

Sheer Flowers

It's the weeeeeekeeeend!  Hurrah!  Today is wine tasting day and I have some suitably winey nails that I'll show you in my next post...

Today, however, I have something else for you.  If you follow me on Facebook (and if you don't, please do!), you'll know that last weekend I was playing with my OPI Sheer Tints.  My husband bought me the mini set for Christmas, and I'm ashamed to say this is the first time they've been out of the box.  Although I probably also have dozens of other untrieds, but it's not so obvious when they're not all sitting in a nice box together.

Anyway, here's one of the nail art looks I tried.  I want to say this is called a pond manicure..?  Please correct me if I'm wrong!  Inspired by a manicure I saw on Chalkboard Nails ages ago :)

opi-sheer-tints-don't-violet-me-down-flowers-floral-pond-nail-art

I used Jessica Ruffled Bottoms for my base colour, then used my Barry M Nail Art Pen in White to draw some flowers.  I did two layers of flowers, with a coat of OPI Don't Violet Me Down in between, then topped it off with some dots of Barry M Matt White and one last coat of the sheer tint.  I think next time I'd use two coats of the sheer tint between even layer to get a bit more of a contrast between the layers?

Do you have any suggestions for other uses of these polishes?  I have a lead lighting manicure planned just as soon as I track down a black stamping polish!

I hope you all have a great weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful manicure! This looks like a perfect pond manicure and I love the colours! You asked me on my blog if the catrice top coat is good for metallic foil.. well I used it on a bps foil and it did dull the metallic/holographic shine sadly. I'm not sure if all top coats have that habit :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ithfifi :) I've yet to find a top coat that doesn't make the foils crinkle up and crack so the Catrice one sounds better than anything I've come across so far!

      Delete